Xbox VPN offers a secure connection between your Xbox One / Series X console and the VPN servers. All communications between your Xbox console and the VPN server are encrypted. They send them through a secure tunnel over Internet. This prevents anyone from spying on you web activity.
There are many reasons to use a Xbox VPN. These include establishing a secure network connection, accessing restricted or regional content, hiding p2p activities, blocking DDOS attacks on Xbox and establishing a private connection.
While the VPN connection between your Xbox One / Series X, and the VPN is secure the VPN connection with the rest isn’t. Your web activity can be tracked back to the VPN IP addresses. However, it cannot be traced back directly to your personal IP address.
The way a VPN works
VPNs create an encrypted connection between your device/computer and the VPN server. You can think of this encrypted connection like a “tunnel” that allows you to access all the internet, but you’re not actually in the exact location.
You can track everything you do online to your location and the device that you use via the IP address. Every device connected to the internet has an unique IP address. This IP address can be traced back to you and your computer, as well as the IP address of the device you use.
Many VPN providers have servers around the globe. This allows you to connect to many different locations and gain access worldwide content.
You can immediately connect to any one of these servers worldwide by purchasing a VPN subscription.
Now that you’re familiar with how a Xbox VPN works, let’s see the benefits.
What benefits does a Xbox VPN offer?
- Surf internet without disclosing your real IP address or geo-location.
- Encrypting your internet connection adds an extra layer of security.
- Use encryption to prevent your internet service provider, third parties and network admins (at work or school) from spying upon your online activities.
- Unblock websites to access restricted content. (netflix and Kodi).
- Safely download torrents, P2P files, and stream media such as Kodi.
- Bypass regional restrictions easily and bypass censorship
- You can save money on your online travel purchases and flights by changing your IP (geographic location).
- Be safe wherever you go, especially when you use public WiFi connections in hotels, airports and cafes.
- Protect personal data such as credit cards numbers and passwords.
- Booting users offline, without divulging your IP Address/Geo Location.
Security Tips and Considerations
Virtually everyone today needs a VPN. It is essential to be connected to the internet. Your IP address will be displayed on the server logs if you are hacking or sending a DoS attack.
If the CIA, Hackers or NSA trace an attack back to a website you visited online, they can reveal your IP address and so will your location. They may also charge you for cybercrime.
What’s the best Xbox One/X VPN service?
“When it’s free, you own it.”
This famous statement is certainly true for “free” VPNs. It’s likely that you are paying for the service with private data which is sold to third-parties.
Similar to Facebook and Google, free VPN services offer a service that will collect your data for profit. Five reasons that free VPN services can be dangerous are well-documented:
- Malware – Malware often hides in free VPN apps for Android devices to steal your data. One study discovered malware in 38% of Android VPN apps.
- Tracking – Tracking libraries in free VPNs can be used to collect data. 14 tracking libraries were discovered in the popular Betternet VPN.
- Third party access to data – All information you send through a free VPN may be available to third parties. This is something that many VPNs clearly state in their privacy policies. Center for Democracy and Technology called Hotspot Shield out for doing so.
- Web browser hijacking – Some free VPNs have been discovered to hijack and redirect web browsers to ecommerce sites like eBay and Alibaba through partner networks.
- Traffic leaks: This is probably the biggest risk to users of a free VPN as it exposes their identity. According to one study, 84% of Android VPN applications free were able to leak user data. This renders the VPN useless.
A lot of people, who are just starting out with VPN services, look for a free VPN to save money rather than looking for the best VPN to keep their data secure.
This is a bad idea. VPN services offered for free are well-known for making a lot of money in various ways.
Free VPN services actually make money by collecting user data, and then selling it to the highest bidder. VPN apps can be used to route traffic through your device. This allows the VPN to easily track your online activities and sell them to advertising networks.
VPNs to Avoid
- Hotspot shield
- Hola VPN
- Opera Free VPN
VPNs that are free can be dangerous and even invasive, so avoid them! Let’s see which VPN providers are best.
Best Xbox One/X VPN
ExpressVPN remains the number one recommendation in an increasingly crowded VPN market. It is located in the British Virgin Islands. The app offers security and user-friendliness for all devices.
ExpressVPN is a VPN service that offers privacy and security. ExpressVPN has proven its no-logs policy through real-world server seizures in Turkey. All customer data remains secure.
ExpressVPN is a top-rated Xbox VPN, allowing streaming and blocking booter attacks. ExpressVPN has great apps to stream Netflix and HD videos.
The customer service team is excellent, with live chat support available 24/7 and a money-back guarantee of at least 30 days for all subscriptions. ExpressVPN is the best VPN available, regardless of whether you are looking for a VPN to protect your privacy, stream, or browse the web.
- Very fast speeds in the server network
- Friendly and reliable VPN app (supports all gadgets)
- Strong encryption, excellent security features, and zero leaks
- is located in a privacy friendly jurisdiction (BVI).
- Proven no logs VPN provider
- Large, secure server network, servers running in RAM-disk mode
- Works well with Netflix, great to stream
- Browser extensions with HTMLS Everywhere
- Xbox VPN is used to prevent booter attacks
- Split tunneling feature
- The best iOS and Android apps
- VPN router app dedicated (for unlimited connections)
- Fantastic customer service (24/7 live chat + 30-day money-back guarantee)
How to set up, configure and connect your Xbox One/Series X VPN
- Download Express VPN here
- Refer to the video below for instructions on how to set-up and connect your Xbox One / Series X VPN