PS4/PS5 VPN allows you to securely connect your PlayStation to the VPN servers. All communications between your PS4/PS5’s VPN server and your PlayStation are encrypted. They send them through a secure tunnel via the Internet. This prevents outsiders spying on your web activity. Securely connect to a VPN service, and surf the internet from their servers using their IP addresses.
A PS4/PS5 VPN service can be used for many reasons, including establishing a secure connection over a insecure network, accessing censored content or region-specific web content, hiding Peer2Peer activity and blocking DDOS attacks.
While the VPN connection between your PlayStation and the VPN connection is secure, the VPN connection to the rest of the internet is not. While your activity on the internet can be tracked back to the VPN IP addresses and monitored, it cannot be traced back to you. No one can track your web activity to you if you use a PS4/PS5 VPN (insert mandatory meme).
How a VPN works
VPNs create an encrypted connection between your device/computer and the VPN server. This encrypted connection is like a tunnel that allows you to access all the internet while pretending to be at the server. This provides an extra level of anonymity online, gives you additional security, and allows for unlimited internet access.
You can track everything you do online to your location via your IP address. Every device connected to the internet uses a unique IP address. This includes your computer, your phone, and your tablet. You can hide your location and IP address by using a VPN. The VPN server will replace it.
Many VPN providers have servers around the globe. This allows you to connect to many different locations and gain access worldwide content.
You can immediately connect to any one of these servers worldwide after you have purchased a VPN subscription.
Let’s now see the benefits of a PS4/PS5 VPN.
What are the advantages of using a VPN?
- Surf the Internet without disclosing your IP address or geo-location.
- Encrypting your internet connection adds an extra layer of security.
- Encryption can protect your internet service provider (ISP), any third parties, network administrators (at school or at work) and governments (from spying on your online activities).
- Access restricted content in certain geographical locations by unblocking websites (netflix, kodi).
- You can torrent, download P2P and stream media (such Kodi) safely.
- You can easily bypass regional restrictions and bypass censorship.
- Change your IP address (geographic position) to save money on online flights and other purchases
- You can protect yourself against hackers wherever you are – especially when using public WiFi connections at airports, hotels, and cafes.
- Online, protect your personal data such as passwords, credit cards and photos.
- Booting users offline without revealing your IP Address or Geo Location
Security Tips and Considerations
A VPN is a must-have tool for anyone who wants to connect to the internet. It is important to remember that if you hack or send a dos attack, your IP address can be exposed and displayed on server logs.
They can trace back an attack to a website you have used online by the CIA, Hackers, NSA or any other government intelligence company. This will allow them to reveal your IP Address, which could lead to your location being revealed and potentially charge you with cybercrime.
Which is the best free VPN service for a PlayStation 4/5?
“If something is free, it’s you who are the product.”
This famous quote is true for VPNs that are “free”. You’re likely paying for it with your personal data which is sold to third parties.
Free VPN services, just like Google and Facebook will provide a product that collects data to make a profit. These are five reasons why you should not use free VPN services.
- Malware– Malware can be hidden in free VPN services that collect your data. A study revealed malware was found in 38% free VPN apps Android devices.
- Tracking– Data collection can also be done using tracking libraries that are hidden within free VPNs. The popular Betternet VPN app contains 14 different tracking libraries.
- Third party access to your data – Any activity you make through a free VPN can be shared with third parties, and many VPNs clearly state this in their privacy policies. The Center for Democracy and Technology Hotspot Shield for this behavior.
- Browser hijacking– Some free VPNs were discovered to hijack browsers and redirect them to e-commerce websites such as Alibaba or eBay through partner networks.
- Traffic leaks This is the most serious risk to people who use a free VPN. It exposes your identity. A study showed that 84% free Android VPN apps leak user data, rendering them useless.
People who are not familiar with VPN services often look for free VPNs to save money rather than looking for the best VPN to protect their data.
This is a terrible idea. VPN services that are free have been known for making money from their users in many insidious ways.
These VPN services that offer free VPN service are actually making a profit by selling user data to other companies. The VPN can collect all your internet activity and then sell it to advertisers.
VPNs to Avoid
- Hotspot shield
- Hola VPN
- Opera Free VPN
Free VPNs can be both dangerous and intrusive so it is best to stay clear of them. Let’s now see which VPN providers we should use.
The Best PS4/PS5 VPN Available
ExpressVPN is the best VPN service in an increasingly crowded market. It is located in the British Virgin Islands, and offers user-friendly apps that are secure for all types of devices.
ExpressVPN is also a top VPN service for security and privacy. Real-world testing with a server seizure at Turkey has confirmed their no logs policies. All customer data was kept secure. ExpressVPN apps use strong AES256-bit encryption, and the most stringent standards of leak protection – the “Network Lock” kill switch feature.
ExpressVPN is also a top PS4 VPN that allows streaming and blocks booter attacks. ExpressVPN is a great VPN app for Netflix and Kodi.
They offer 24 hour live chat support as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee for all subscription plans. ExpressVPN is the best VPN available, regardless of whether you are looking for VPN to protect your privacy, stream, or browse the internet.
- High speeds across the entire server network
- Reliable and user-friendly VPN apps that support all devices
- Strong encryption, excellent security features and zero leaks
- It is located in a privacy-friendly country (BVI).
- Proven no logs VPN provider
- Large, secure server network, servers running in RAM-disk mode
- It works with Netflix and is great for streaming
- Chrome extensions with HTTPS Everywhere
- PS4/PS5 VPN to Block Booter Attacks
- Split tunneling feature
- Amazing iOS and Android apps
- VPN router app dedicated for unlimited connections
- Excellent customer service (24/7 live chat + 30-day money-back guarantee).
How to set up, configure and connect your VPN on a PlayStation 4/5.
- Get Express VPN now
- Follow these video instructions to connect and set up your PS4/PS5 VPN